Thursday, February 3, 2011

THE FIRST OF MANY

After reflecting on 2010, Ruben and I decided that we both worked waaaaaay more than we played so we're determined to make 2011 different. So, last weekend, we hosted our first wine tasting party. We had so much fun and quickly decided we MUST do it again. I'll readily admit that I really don't know that much about wine....but I'm learning. :)

Shockingly, I have a little photo re-cap of the night. Yucky, low-light, but that's the photographer in me coming out. Great memories none-the-less.

My dear friend, Rachel, helped me put together all the cheeses and other appetizers. She's awesome. So was the food. Be still my heart.



We planned a blind tasting, so here's our disguised cast of characters:



I roped Christian into helping me explain the "rules"...since I really didn't know what I was doing. :) Don't we look serious though? It's always a bit scary when someone else picks up my camera.



Ahhh, but apparently, I thought Christian was hilarious.



A few rad :) shots of the ladies. And for the record, Debbie was here too...just showed up after these pictures were taken and no one was thinking about pictures later in the night. Sorry Debbie...you know we all love you!



We're still practicing this shot...we're gonna get it down one of these days!


Probably my favorite...I love outtakes.


See...here's Debbie. :) I love seeing people have fun in our home.


And some more random favorites.







Guess who bought the wine with the polka dot label??? ;)


So there you have it! Such fun!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for including me. :-) I really didn't hate you - don't worry!

Marcus said...

Such a great night! When's the next one? ;)

Rachel said...

These photos are awesome!!!
I would like that collage one :-)
You were a wonderful Hostess and I so loved being able to help out. We make a good team. Love ya!

Kathryn said...

What a great evening! Loved it!

Laurie said...

Yay for wine parties. We hosted one in December and it was so much fun after the first 15 minutes when everyone was handing us bottles to label, something fell in the oven and made our smoke detector go off, and some Christmas lights around our mantle kept blinking on and off. It was hilarious and nutty. And then the wine graciously calmed the evening. :)

Oh and low lighting or not - beautiful pics!